Coffee at Coutume Instituutti

Monday 24 March 2014


Since I've been staying on the Rive Gauche, I've been visiting Coutume Instituutti what seems like almost every day. (I was even there yesterday for a quick catch-up with Lauren.) And as I mentioned in my post last week, I've been going there so often to work that I've dubbed it the 'office'.. So I thought I'd better follow Carin's lead and finally write about it. 

It's a big, beautiful room (or hall) bathed in light (it also doubles up as a music venue and gallery), which is so rare in Paris. As expected from a Scandinavian institute, the decor is light, bright and minimal, with long pastel-coloured tables (perfect for working on) that are peppered with little potted plants or cacti. The space was designed by Linda Bergroth, who won young designer of the year in Finland, 2012. I'll definitely be taking away some inspiration when I finally move into my own place! 

The coffee is also very good; the cafe is a collaboration with Coutume Cafe, so they know what they're doing. I managed to get a few snaps of the lovely Michelle (who works there) making me a latte. 

Coutume Instituutti is open Tuesday - Saturday 9H - 18H and Sunday 10H - 18H


2 comments :

  1. I came here for the Sinfonietta a few weeks ago, but have yet to enjoy in daylight hours. Meet you there for coffee in 5? ;) But really, hopefully someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and am head over heels in love! Your photography is absolutely stunning! So glad I found you -- I've added so many places to my list of where to go when I get back to Paris =)
    XXX
    www.threadandbones.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground