Lately... on the left bank

Thursday 20 March 2014


You may have noticed that I've been posting a lot of photos of this beautiful lady on my Instagram feed lately. I've been staying at a friend's on the Rive Gauche just near Cluny - La Sorbonne, so have been lucky enough to take strolls along the Seine, which is only a couple of minutes away and admire the view on an almost daily basis. I'll only be here for another week, so I'm making the most of it before I head back north of the river.

I've loved exploring a new neighbourhood, I would never have discovered Instituutti Coutume cafe (I'll be posting about in a couple of days, so check back soon) for one, which I've been dragging (kicking and screaming of course...not) friends to on an almost daily basis to work - I've now dubbed it 'the office' - and wandering around the pretty cobbled streets of the Latin Quartier, and discovering places like this, of course has its perks.

Saying that, I did spend most of the weekend north of the river. I finally checked out rooftop bar, Le Perchoir, ate the most delicious meal at Le Quilles, had a glass of champagne (yep, that's how I roll) in the luxurious lounge at the Shangri-La Hotel and breakfast at Claus.

What's your favorite Paris quarter?

3 comments :

  1. My absolutely favourite is the Latin Quartier. It has something that inspires me and it's very near by Le jardin du Luxembourg, my favourite park in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole right bank - the classic 3rd! the historic bits (& even the amusement park bits) of the 18th! the trending 20th!. But I am especially fond of Canal-St. Martin in the 10th and Promenade Plantee in the 12th. I know that the eastern arrondissements are gentrifying now but that's not always a bad thing. I love mix of ages and cultures.Turkish sandwich shops across from boulangeries and modern, new coffee houses between laveries and some crazy old tabac.

    LOVE your blog - great photos and fun writing. Wish I was there right…now.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground