A Cornwall New Year

Tuesday 6 January 2015




If you're following me over on Instagram, you would have seen a few snaps taken in Cornwall, where I spent my new year with one of my oldest friends. This part of the UK is beyond beautiful and I'm glad I had the opportunity bring in 2015 there. Despite feeling predictably ropey on New Year's day, I was luckily dragged out of bed to visit Porthcurnick beach. There's a cute little cafe, called the Hidden Hut on the hill selling ice cream and hot drinks. After a stroll down the hill in the biting cold and down to the beach to watch a few crazies run in for an icy dip, we lodged ourselves on a table to warm up over a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows. Ice-cream does of course go against said warming up attempt, but I felt that I couldn't come to Cornwall and not try Cornish ice-cream. I managed about 3 bites before my lips froze over, but it made a pleasing picture nonetheless, so obviously totally worth it.

The next day we visited Godrevy beach (the slightly sunnier photos), which has a lovely long, sandy stretch of beach and a brisk wind that helped blow away all those 2014 cobwebs. It really did me good to get some good fresh sea air, calming my mind a little before getting back into the work mode, as did the super-sized sausage, egg and bacon sandwich we had for lunch. How was your new year's? 


11 comments :

  1. Happy New Year, Marissa! Looks like a beautiful place :)

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristina and Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! Looking forward to seeing you next & Happy New Year to you too! xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous but looks pretty cold happy new year mooxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a bit too cold, but the scenery made up for it xxx

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful! Cornwall is on my list of places to visit, but we tend to go home to Sardinia in summer so I haven't made it there yet. It looks beautiful in winter as well, though, so maybe I should do that too :-)

    Thanks for sharing these lovely photos! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loe your dog ! :)

    http://catchthewildsoul.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy New Year to you, this images tell's the story how excitting this holiday has been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hidden Hut is adorable; I was there in the summer and was fortunate enough to go to one of their feast nights. They made an amazing Thai Green fish curry which we ate on the hillside as the sun was setting above the bay - I'm still dreaming of it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asics Australia Online I know you have a asics tiger mexico 66 sale lot of pain, I am willing to do what you always talk of Asics Australia Online love, to accompany your side, so you wandering heart has Asics Australia Online long been the most warm and quiet haven. cheap clinging to the head, could not help whining cry. Little brothers Asics Australia Online fierce applause, palms looks Cheap Asics Running Shoes flushed still unable to quell touched hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground