Santorini Part 1: Oia

Friday 11 September 2015


Santorini is by far the most beautiful island I've visited. In fact whilst walking around Oia, I kept repeating: 'I can't believe this place exists!' The white washed houses built into the cliffs, made brighter by the blazing sunshine are striking against the deep blue sky and sea just below. (Fortuitously I even packed to coordinate! See here, here and here.) And the odd splashes of colour - the bright blue church roofs, and buildings painted coral, pale yellow and pink are an added bonus. 

Santorini tips: 
- We stayed in Rimida Villas - traditional houses, right on the edge over-looking the Caldera with breakfast served on our doorstep each morning 
- Get a good coffee or fresh juice at Passagio
- Dine at Dimitri's in Amoudi Bay (a 10 minute walk down steps to the water) and Skala in Oia (a tavern with a great view) 
- Eat ice-cream at Lolita's (try the blueberry - I had two helpings!)
- If you can get accommodation facing the caldera, buy a bottle of wine, some nibbles and watch the sunsets from your terrace to avoid battling with selfie sticks and crowds in the town! 


12 comments :

  1. I'm convinced that Santorini gets more golden hour than the rest of the world - with the possible exception of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure it does! The sunsets were amazing!

      Delete
  2. stunning! I love Santorini, there is definitely a little magic floating through that island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kristina! And totally agree :) xx

      Delete
  3. one of the prettiest Islands on this planet!!

    love Santorini!!

    best,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Vicky, I totally agree ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm dying to visit Santorini! I'm already planning a trip to Santorini, Mykonos and Athens for next summer so your tips are really useful. Thanks, Marissa :)

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Cristina, and glad they help! I already want to go back! Good luck planning your trip :) xx

      Delete
  5. Marissa, these photos are just stunning. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy so much time in Greece! Looking forward to seeing more of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Danielle! Will post more in the coming weeks :) xx

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground